Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

View Single Post
Old 06-03-2023, 10:44 PM   #10
thespaah

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inner Dirt View Post
I have connected the PC with wireless and tethering, it still will not verify location. I notice when I shop Lowe's or Home Depot, it keeps changing my location and never even comes close to where I am at. I am in central Virginia and I have been located as far away as Colorado.

My issues have to stem from being forced to use the phone as a hotspot due to my cell internet provider.
Its a blessing and a curse. ADW's are required by law to verify the physical location of the origin of the wager
I've tried using a VPN to get around this. NYRA Bets and Twin Spires both respond with messages regarding to verifying my location
I have friend who lives in the northwest corner of NJ, He uses the NJ based ADW. From home, he cannot wager because the site "sees" the IP address. That address is based on a server his ISP is using to connect his computer to the internet. That server is located across the river in PA. So, he has to go to the library in town to place his bets. Apparently the server the library is connected to is in fact located in New Jersey.
thespaah is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Wh deserves to be the favorite? (last 4 figures)