Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

View Single Post
Old 05-30-2023, 01:32 PM   #7
Inner Dirt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redboard View Post
They could build the most beautiful track in the world, but that wouldn't guarantee that people would actually attend. This is horse racing.

You have a point. I am a fan of all racing, whether two legged or four, two wheels or four. Back in the day my friends and I would bet each other on the pig races at the LA County Fair. The guy whose pig finished the worst of 4 bought the next round of beers. Of course living in Southern California until finally escaping a dozen years ago, and the fact they did not get OTBs till the mid 80's I attended a lot of live horse racing events.

As much as I hate to say it other than wanting to visit as many tracks as possible the on track experience does not compare to other sports involving racing. Live auto racing is a far more exciting experience than watching on TV. Can you say the same about horse racing? If you stay at home and watch TVG, you don't have to worry about getting in the wrong line and not getting a bet down, or listening to some ranting idiot that blames the jockey for his losing $2 win bet.

The last live racing I bet on were dogs at Wheeling Island. One of the few remaining USA dog tracks.
Inner Dirt is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Wh deserves to be the favorite? (last 4 figures)