Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

View Single Post
Old 06-02-2021, 12:09 PM   #42
headhawg
crusty old guy

I am trying to make this happen. I have been chatting with Track Collector, a member who did such a great job with the previous team contests. He made me fully aware how labor-intensive and time consuming this is. I don't have a problem with committing time on Saturdays. I am more concerned about getting the scores right and the players being patient if I don't post results 10 seconds after the races finish. I don't need the bitching and moaning, frankly. With nearly 50 members being interested this should be fun. My original plan was to just plant the seed hoping that someone else would try to run this. That didn't quite work out as planned. In fact, I might not even play now because I will be focused on running this thing. Dammit!

Some basic things for players to know; consider these unofficial rules subject to change:
  • This is a team contest. A one-person team will not be eligible. Probably going with a three-person team as in previous contests, but maybe just two people per team.
  • This won't be any kind of inter-board contest as before. PA members only. As before, you will be required to acknowledge that and agree to the rules of the contest. Every team member must do this. It might also be a good idea to have one person on the team an established PA member. This will be Mike's call, but I don't think any of us want last minute noobies scarfing up all the great prizes, never to be heard from again.
  • Races will be posted in advance. PA Mike chose the races for the previous contests. Maybe I can convince him to be the race selector again. Previous contests used races that had free PPs available. That might not be the case for this contest. The object would be to pick good races within a reasonably close time frame.
  • There will only be one valid selection post per team. Once a team member posts selections, those are the ones used. So make sure to communicate with everyone on the team so that there is no confusion about whose turn it is to post picks.
Again I recommend reading the rules from the previous team contests. I don't think I am going to stray to far away from what has already worked. The only thing I am unsure of is the scoring. I'm thinking just WPS and no exactas, but feel free to post opinions in this thread.

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Wh deserves to be the favorite? (last 4 figures)