Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

View Single Post
Old 05-28-2021, 09:01 AM   #25
geroge.burns99
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by headhawg View Post
I am open for suggestions. I wasn't thinking of being in charge of the whole contest, but I could if it comes down to that. I don't see any reason to change formats from the previous PA team contests. However, we could make this a Win-only or Win-Place contest instead of WPS and exactas counting toward the scores.

There will likely be fewer teams than in the past judging by the number of people who have expressed interest. We could increase the number of teams if we have two members per team instead of three, so that's a possibility. However, fewer teams means we would not have to use divisions/conferences, so I am in favor of that. I am also thinking that the contest should be shorter than previous ones, maybe six to eight weeks. We could have a final-four type playoff, but with fewer weeks in the "regular season" there might not be a need for it. But with enough teams we could have an American League and a National League, and then have a World Series finale.

Bragging rights is a good enough prize for some, but NorCalGreg has generously offered to contribute to prize money. I would certainly like to give players an incentive to do well, so maybe I can round up a sponsor or two who would contribute to the cause. After all, sponsoring a PaceAdvantage.com contest is great for business! (hint hint)

My suggestion to all interested players is to read the previous contest rules if you haven't already. Post any suggestions in this thread and we can come up with a good format amenable to the players.
I'd say WIN ONLY....

I wont mind if its a one man or 2 man team....

Post picks 30 mins before 1st race..so theres no editing

Then get a list of participants that are willing to get in just to see if its worth starting...

GB

Last edited by geroge.burns99; 05-28-2021 at 09:04 AM.
geroge.burns99 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

» Advertisement