Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

View Single Post
Old 10-27-2020, 12:08 PM   #5
Robert Fischer
clean money

betting coup

Quote:
Originally Posted by hpollock View Post
Did anyone watch the Cox Plate over the weekend? Sir Dragonet was crunched 15 minutes out from the race when a $200k bet was matched on Betfair halving the quote of the horse from $14's into $7's. It was an amazing betting spectacle as the horse duly saluted. I have two questions:

1) What in the form guide caused this horse to be backed so heavily? The horse had been beaten by 1.5 lengths two starts prior at Curragh by Buckhurst. Buckhurt also raced in the Cox Plate, but unbelievably SP'ed at $30 (double the quote of Sir Dragonet).
2) Who placed this bet? There was some suggestion that it was a UK syndicate. Other players who would be capable of having a bet of this size in Australia include Zeljko and Dr Nick.

A discussion of the Cox Plate and betting can be found here https://youtu.be/vDjYXjrdBDY?t=477

looks like someone made a strong bet.

I didn't handicap, or see the odds. (If someone would like to post the odds, that would be nice, or I could 'Google' if interested enough.)

This sounds like a nice race. I'm interested in big races, and global racing. Feel that the same fundamentals apply everywhere.

First 'guess' = someone had a strong positive opinion of a contender, and a negative opinion of the favorite. (how did the expected favorite perform??).

I'll eventually get around to watching what looks like a nice Podcast/ Youtube presentation video on the betting coup. Thanks for sharing. Good Stuff!

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Wh deserves to be the favorite? (last 4 figures)