Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Thread: Past posting
View Single Post
Old 08-03-2020, 10:29 AM   #188
Poindexter

Quote:
Originally Posted by the little guy View Post
Except, once again, all you had to do was look at the double willpays to know that 10:1 was the highest you were ever getting on that horse and that 8:1 was probably the likeliest landing spot.

The information is pretty much all there. You just have to take advantage of it.
When PTP made his post I went into my xpressbet account to see what the other pools showed. In the double from the 3rd to the 4th I calculated quickly in my head around 13-1 or so on this horse, not 8-1. Even the winning double from the 3rd to the 4th (a 13.20 winner to the 8-1 payed 151 and not the parlay amount of 121) In the exacta pool on top and in the double going from the 4th to the 5th using the closing pool he was about a matching 8-1 in both, but I have no idea what the pools were showing a minute earlier. I assumed they were both hammered late like the win pool, but I take it you are saying otherwise.

By the way has the racing industry done anything or considered doing anything to make these equivalent odds easily viewable for everyone? A simple odds equivalent next to(or above) each runner on the exacta and double probables would do the trick. Might help people not get so outraged when their horse drops from 3-1 to 7/5 after the bell.
Poindexter is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Wh deserves to be the favorite? (last 4 figures)