Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

View Single Post
Old 11-26-2018, 12:33 PM   #102
HalvOnHorseracing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inner Dirt View Post
Wrona is one of the elite and I am sure he will land on his feet. As for track announcers other than someone being incredibly inept I believe most of it is a matter of personal taste. It seems to be a very difficult job. I would have had to watch a replay over a half dozen times to catch all the things a vintage Trevor Denman pointed out. As for personal taste most of the OTB I went to could not stand Luke Kruytbosch when he was at Hollywood Park. His catchphrase "asked for speed" was often mocked. Obviously the hundred people who did not like him were in the minority as he got the coveted Churchill Downs job after Hollywood Park.
I know Luke worked in New Mexico (Ruidoso I believe) and Turf Paradise for a while. He wasn't my favorite race caller but I could listen to him. On the other hand, 30 seconds of Mike Battaglia was more than any human should endure.

I know Phil Georgeff was sanctified in the midwest, but that "here they come spinning out of the turn" call did nothing for me. On the other hand, I never got tired of Dave Johnson's "and down the stretch they come."

With Frank going to Santa Anita, Monmouth is open. I don't see why Wrona would turn it down if offered.
HalvOnHorseracing is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Which horse do you like most
Dornoch - 67.74%
42 Votes
Track Phantom - 32.26%
20 Votes
Total Votes: 62
This poll is closed.