Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

View Single Post
Old 09-06-2022, 01:02 PM   #116
Inner Dirt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poindexter View Post
Sorry, I forgot to mention the pos trainers/owners whichever the case may be that let their old and broken down horses get sold to slaughter houses. They clearly needed to be in my last post.

I find that baffling, but there are some people that have zero feelings for animals. There was this guy who was woke among other things about a dozen years ago right before I left California. He found I lived close by and asked if
he could come to my shop and trade some labor for some training as he is struggling to learn the machine shop equipment he bought. He was a part time psychology professor who was getting phased out (he was half crazy)
and wanted to make some products he had ideas for and sell them.

He shows up one morning while I am passing out carrots to the horses in the pasture behind my shop. I told him to stand back as the smallest one in the bunch is very aggressive, an old white mare.

She bites the other horses and will go after the bag in my hand. So I start telling him their different personalities and that a couple won't fight the mob at the fence and wait for me to toss them carrots.

This guy goes on a rant about horses being soulless beasts that are just put on Earth to be used by humans. You are acting like they are almost human and should be kept as pets.

Here is the kicker, I go over to his house, more like ranch to wire a machine for him he had wired incorrectly. 10 acres of fruit trees, a huge shed row, jumping ring, a couple good sized corrals. At the time this is probably a $6 million dollar property where it is located. He also has a pair of new one ton
trucks and a couple nice looking horse trailers. I bet what he earns part time teaching at a community college barely even fuels the vehicles and pays utilities.

His wife is the breadwinner, training and breeding show horses for wealthy clients. Horses that he hates! Maybe his wife told him she will buy him a new truck if he mucks the stalls.
Inner Dirt is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Which horse do you like most
Dornoch - 67.74%
42 Votes
Track Phantom - 32.26%
20 Votes
Total Votes: 62
This poll is closed.