Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Thread: Religious
View Single Post
Old 03-10-2014, 09:36 PM   #11106
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Quote:
Originally Posted by boxcar
Hmm...what in the "actual Gospels" would lead you think that death by crucifixion was anything by horrific? And why would you limit accounts of Christ's death to only the Gospels?
I wasn't trying to say that the crucifixion wasn't portrayed accurately.

In fact, I don't think I tried to indicate that the brutality of the movie did not reflect what might have actually occurred.

While we will never know for sure just how brutal it was, I have no issue with what was portrayed in Gibson's movie, and can fully accept what he put on the screen could have easily occurred. Well, except for the fact that most men would have been dead before time came to carry the cross. And most men, even if still conscious when it came time to carry his cross, would have NOT been able to carry something, that in the movie, required at LEAST two to three NON BEATEN/WHIPPED HALF TO DEATH men. I thought that was quite unbelievable.

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Wh deserves to be the favorite? (last 4 figures)