Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

View Single Post
Old 10-11-2006, 04:33 PM   #9
chickenhead
Lacrimae rerum

or lets look at it another way. And again this is not in any way criticizing Crist, he has 100X more experience betting pick sixes than I do, but this is the kind of stuff I'd like to talk to him about.

His three strongest opinions are:

two big legit favs
one highly overbet really vulnerable fav.

So the two big favs as single are not big value creaters in themselves, your opinion there is not really unique. But they are value enablers, in that they let you spread elsewhere.

But where to spread? Wouldn't the sprint be the best place? Doesn't your opinion tell you that that is the big value race? Isn't the logical conclusion of those three strong opinions to really do everything possible to get the winner of the sprint on your ticket as an A, at the very very worst a B?

It just seems to me like that is how you'd approach something like this. But I'm missing something, because he only goes 4A's and no B's in the sprint. It seems like a halfhearted effort to get at the value that he's identified. Since that is the money race, rather than burning up money with C's against your single, wouldn't you rather move more A's up into the sprint? You want that winner on your main!
chickenhead is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Wh deserves to be the favorite? (last 4 figures)