Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

View Single Post
Old 10-17-2018, 04:18 PM   #56
bobphilo

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaceAdvantage View Post
My memory sucks so I can't recall what kind of history you have with bobphilo, but operating just off this thread alone, you have excuse.

even if you have a history, totally uncalled for

It amazes me what people think they can get away with on here.

My fault, obviously...but it needs to be said regardless.
Thank you - I think. I don't know what you mean by saying that RR has an excuse for his behavior based on this thread. I did report one of the pace figures incorrectly for the race, which cj even said did not change the analysis, which I acknowledged, as well as apologizing for any misunderstanding it may have caused as well. However it was RR who first began the personal insults to which I responded in kind.

In any case I do appreciate you acknowledging there was no excuse for his taking off and attacking me personally. In terms of my past history, you will see that from my occasional past disagreements with you and others, that while I can argue my position strongly, I have also tried to be personally respectful in arguing my position . You can check with cj on that.

Frankly, I am NOT amazed at "what people think they can get away with on here". With RR bragging that all his red cards do not keep him from behaving the way he does, his punishments have obviously been too weak to be deterrents. When I owned and moderated a Yahoo group on horse racing I had a policy that any personal attack would receive a warning (yellow card). Repeat offences would earn the perpetrators a banning (a red card). As a result the discussions were always civil. I'm not telling you that you should be just as strict but merely pointing out the results of different policies.

I often have expressed views that are contrary to tradition and some interpret this criticism of their sacred cows personally and respond with personal attacks for which they experience few real consequences. As a result, myself and others may become more reluctant to express these opinions publicly and even consider leaving altogether. This can only hurt the board.

For example, you can ask cj about how my questioning of conventional methods of pace analysis led to a study he is doing which may change the way TFUS adjusts final figures for pace patterns. Cg, has thanked me for this personally but one individual used how I discovered this as an excuse for public personal attacks.

I'm merely suggesting for you to consider that stricter penalties as deterrents for this unacceptable behavior would make for a more civil discourse and less occasions for amazement at what people think they can get away with here.

Last edited by cj; 10-17-2018 at 04:20 PM.
bobphilo is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Which horse do you like most