Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

View Single Post
Old 07-10-2018, 09:53 PM   #15
horses4courses

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlintAtTheFetlock View Post
How lucky is this? Not sure I have seen this before. Did anyone but me played the pick 4 tucked away starting in the 3rd race at Suffolk. I played a modest P4 with 4 horses kicking it off, followed by a lock single, a spread race and my best bet to close it out the in race 6.

A bomb buster knocked me out in the first leg the paying $72.40 (I thought). Thank God I did not throw out the ticket. Got my single next, a 5-1 shot next, and then got my BB in last. Nearly threw the ticket out again as I was cleaning my pockets and for some reason I looked at it and pocketed it for reasons unknown. A minute later I hear announcer saying pick 4 was paying out 3 of 4? What?

$252.00 for $2.00. I was hoping not misreading my ticket and gingerly handed it to the teller hoping I'd see something come back. Holy Cow, since I had 4 horses in the first leg I got the full $252.00.

I've been stinking it up and maybe this will change my luck. Huge crowd, good racing, festive atmosphere. I am going to miss the old place. Hoping for a miracle it does not get torn down. One more weekend and it closes for good

Ticket
Suffolk R3
.50 Pick 4
1 2 6 7 // 7 // 3 4 5 6 7 10 / 3 7

3 of 4 paid $83.00 for .50c.
Good fortune aside, one thing strikes me from your post.
I like how you structure your wager.

Having 2 singles, including your best bet at the tail end, is generally a good way to go.
Moderate spread in the other two legs makes sense as well.
Situations like this on a betting menu are a green light for the player.
chance of returning to the WH, assuming that
he can manage to stay out of prison. Think about it.
horses4courses is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Which horse do you like most