Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

View Single Post
Old 06-21-2018, 11:42 AM   #377
thaskalos

Quote:
Originally Posted by dilanesp View Post
I freely admit I haven't been able to make it as a winning horseplayer. I know something about handicapping, but not enough obviously.

But if I was able to make decent scratch playing the horses, I wouldn't quit and certainly wouldn't quit to go to Las Vegas and gamble.on other things. I think PA is right.
Things aren't as "black-and-white" as you paint them. If PA is "right"...does that make me "wrong"? There is no "right" or 'wrong' when it comes to matters of personal preference. We all do what we feel is right...for us. If the game, as it's currently been run, is a better fit for you and PA...then more power to you. Me...I have no tolerance for the short fields that I find on the weekdays...and I have better things to do on my weekends. We all survey our particular skills, and make our gambling choices accordingly...and for me, the choice was obvious. It isn't really about "decent scratch". To me...it's about how you feel as you are earning it. And I feel a lot better with what I am doing now.

Of course, your opinion may vary...and that's fine.

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Wh deserves to be the favorite? (last 4 figures)