Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Thread: RTN Online?
View Single Post
Old 11-21-2012, 08:49 PM   #33
thespaah

Quote:
Originally Posted by edmond1
A group of us(with the use of laptops) used to bet over $3 million a year (includes rebate shops and betting exchanges) when C-Band was used (3 seconds faster than now). Since last second odds, body language etc. is critical in our betting strategies we found that the loss of 3 seconds greatly affected our chance to stay ahead of the game. Now we only average approx. $1 million a year - mostly on live racing.

I talked to someone this week at Dover Down's racebook that has noticed a significant decline in handle since Roberts Comm. discontinued their use of C-Band in September and is very concerned.

Since I am at the track almost everyday I constantly witness frustrated bettors getting shut out all the time.

If it doesn't matter why would Betfair offer feeds approx. 1 second delayed on British Racing. Important for INPLAY yes but they also understand that time is money - even 1 second. Over the long run the seconds add up...They just don't get it here - just clueless.

How can anyone argue that handle will not be affected if 3 seconds of betting time gets chopped off at a crucial time when betting increases exponentially to post time ??????????

Maybe you guys work for Roberts Comm. ?? Because that's the same attitude they had when I spoke to them. Or maybe what Angeleyes says above is true ??
It's not that "they just don't get it"...I explained the technology and to give you that almost live signal the cost would be prohibitive.
Why is it available in the UK? I can only guess that the technology is there because as with most Western European nations, many industries are subsidized by the central government.
I have to ask..First what is missing in body language at 5 mins to post that may be there at 5 seconds to load?
I do notice that while on track the majority of the handle hits the tote board in the last few mins before "off". I refuse to believe that it hits with less than 5 seconds to the bell.
You still have not convinced me of the merits of waiting until the last possible nanno-second to make or cancel your wagers.
And please. "You just don't understand" won't cut it. If you want others to understand your plight you must come clean and explain the REAL reason why you require live feed as though you were on track....
Oh one more question.. When you are watching feeds from your laptop or other device, if the feed is not trained on your horse(s) then how can you look at body language?
One last point. Most tracks especially in the warmer months have been reporting increases in all sources handle. Just because your acquaintance at Dover Downs tells you handle is down at that facility, does not mean it is down at other places.
I am not challenging you. I am having a hard time with controlling my inquisitive nature and heightened awareness of "something just does not look right"..
thespaah is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Wh deserves to be the favorite? (last 4 figures)