Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

View Single Post
Old 09-12-2009, 09:43 AM   #40
nobeyerspls

A Racing Form reader

Quote:
Originally Posted by lamboguy
you have just retooled yourself into making sure that you don't win at this game. you have just eliminated the only type's of races where you might find a possibility of an edge. most people are like yourself not having any idea on what is going on with a baby race. in this day and age you are betting against people that have the same or better computer program's to come up with your selections. i happen to be in the "rebate selling business" myself. all a rebate does for you is helps you lose less when you lose or win more when you win. its true that if you play those high takeout wagers without a rebate you will get killed. most of the rates are something like 25% out. there aren't enough people out there that get their picks by reading the racing form these days or playing their lucky numbers to overcome the chop.
You equate reading the Form to picking lucky numbers. I do my handicapping with a print version of the Form and I continue to have reasonable success. I ignore jockeys, weight, and Beyer speed figures. Pick4's are my most profitable wager, especially when turf and/or maidens are in the sequence.
I am an investment advisor and find that the computer is a useful tool for conducting fundamental research. I won't ever need it for handicapping though.
nobeyerspls is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Wh deserves to be the favorite? (last 4 figures)