Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

View Single Post
Old 09-12-2009, 02:36 AM   #38
racingplanet

I think specialization and selectivity are key to betting with an edge.

Specialization
You should specialize in race tracks (ST) or race types (SR), and this should be based on your historical data. It shouldnt be too hard if you have a years worth of data to eliminate areas which are draining your bank.

Selectivity
On a given day producing a shortlist (SL) by making a prediction for each your SR's, and then reducing this list to Playable Picks (PP).

So if you have 6 x SR's on a Saturday with which to work (eg. graded stakes races), you assess each and have 6 predictions (could be win bet or tricast, whatever your thing is). You then must reduce the SL to your PP's, and when you have them that is it for the day. No going back in if the first 2 go down, but you could allow your self to reinvest profits in further picks from the SL if you think you have found an angle on that day that is worth milking.

If you want to nail this down as a blueprint foir suceess then I would add the following, SPECIALIZATION-METHOD-SELECTIVITY

The Method produces the SL from the SR's, and if you like systems then you are sorted as the Method will automate the process to produce a SL. You can then sit down and use your racing nous to assess and generate your PP's considering the variants of the day eg. weather, track bias, jockey bookings etc.

I hope that makes sense.

GOOD LUCK

Last edited by racingplanet; 09-12-2009 at 02:38 AM.
racingplanet is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Wh deserves to be the favorite? (last 4 figures)