Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

View Single Post
Old 09-07-2009, 07:59 PM   #15
classhandicapper

The inter-relationship between ROI and volume has been discussed many times.

I think it's not extremely difficult to either win and show a high ROI if you are extremely selective. What's difficult is getting a lot of money through the windows and doing either.

IMHO, a lot of pros and very active players have a low ROI because they are playing a lot of unprofitable horses (without realizing it of course). If they became more selective they could raise their ROI. However, you don't want to get to the point where in an effort to raise your ROI you stop betting some marginally profitable horses. Making those fine line decisions in marginal situations is extremely difficult. Some people tend to opt for volume (perhaps because they like action) and others tend to opt for extreme selectivity (perhaps because they favor greater certainty of profit). I am in the latter camp trying to edge my way into greater volume over time.

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Wh deserves to be the favorite? (last 4 figures)