Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

View Single Post
Old 04-09-2009, 09:58 PM   #66
goforgin
goforgin

Dan Geer's Pro Rated Longshots

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwel14
I was refering to Dan Greer's program. American Turf monthly shows some of the horses won from the method each month.
I have the program also and have used it in the past. The problem was there were too many playable races. Even with Al Smallman's updated rules, still too many plays and long run outs. Since your post sparked some interest, I decided to check recent PRL winners and see if there is any pattern to limit the number of plays. I checked only Clm's and MdClm's. No Alw, OptClm's, Stakes, etc. Here's what I found from a very small sample.
- Early speed (ES) in the last race. 1st, 2nd or 3rd; and/or within 1 or 2 lengths of the leader at the first 2 calls.
- ES last race plus a drop in class today (saw several of these). ES last race plus 2nd time Lasix today.
- Up in class last race and now dropped in class for this race lower than the 2nd race back.
By limiting plays to Clm's and MdClm's, plus adding the above rules, the number of plays is lowered, but still several hits. Again, a very small sample and a database test may return a negative ROI. I did not check for place or show. Overall, just a thought since I saw your post. If you're checking or finding any patterns and/or restrictions, would be interested to hear back.
Good luck.

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Wh deserves to be the favorite? (last 4 figures)