Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

View Single Post
Old 04-21-2018, 01:36 PM   #7
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pandy View Post
I remember when Lil E Tee won the '92 Derby at a huge price. I was doing the speed figures for Racing Action back then and I had Lil E Tee tied with another horse as the top figure of the year, based on his second in the Arkansas Derby, and Beyer also had him as high as any other horse. One of the Beyer associates wrote the analysis for DRF and didn't put Lil E Tee as a contender, even though he had the top Beyer (tied). I put Lil E Tee third and said that he was a live longshot, and I actually hit the exacta that year. Lil E Tee was 17-1 at the track but back then there were separate pools in many states and I believe that he paid 50-1 odds in New York. One of our readers (Racing Action) called me the next week and said that he was trying to figure out the Derby and he saw that my top figure horse was 50-1 at OTB and he bet $50 to win and $50 to place on him.
I remember seeing that Beyer for LET, and then seeing your column. I's STILL buying beers off that race!

» Advertisement