Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

View Single Post
Old 07-31-2017, 02:47 PM   #44
Clocker

Quote:
Originally Posted by boxcar View Post
And besides...are we to infer that you are okay with Obama writing an EO to make a special "exemption" for Congress and staff members? You do realize that a special D.C. exchange was set up whereby Congress and Co. (illegally given federal employee status by Office of Personnel Management) get subsidized a whopping 73% by taxpayers! So...when looked at from this perspective, I think Trump would be keeping his promise by obliterating that subsidy -- all part of "draining the swamp".
You keep saying illegal. That remains to be proven.

Members of Congress and their staff people were "subsidized" by the same amount before ObamaCare. Especially for the staff, it was part of the conditions of employment that both sides agreed to when they took the jobs. If this arrangement is in fact found to be illegal at some time in the future, I think that the government as employer is ethically bound to make their employees whole.

Obama may have botched the manner in which this was handled, but the outcome was the proper one. I have no problem with redoing it "legally" to make things right with those who work for the government.

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Wh deserves to be the favorite? (last 4 figures)