View Single Post
Old 12-12-2022, 03:28 AM   #1951
Poindexter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sea Biscuit View Post
Here is something to ponder about.

Mohawk Dec 9, 2022

AGCO ruling on Race 8 and I am copying & pasting

'Race 8:Scott Wray was in violation of AGCO Rule 6.02(a), for failing to drive when programmed causing a late driver change, $100 monetary penalty. Ruling # 1982517.' End quote

Scott Wray was scheduled to drive #10 Greystone Treasure (14-1) but was replaced by top driver Sylvain Filion as a late driver change.

Result: Sylvain Filion went to the top from the 10 hole and never looked back winning and paying $31.80 screwing up the pick-4 and pick-5 players royally.

Don't you think the $100 fine given to Mr Scott Wary is meaningless?

Me thinks late driver changes should never be allowed in pick-4 and pick-5 situations and the horse should have been scratched.

Your comments please.

You have a very valid point. Since pick 4's and pick 5's basically are involved in virtually every race (every race at Woodbine/Mohawk), I think all racing needs to set a rule about this. It doesn't happen very often (I have never even thought about it), but the opportunity for scandal is great (not implying that is what happened here). Have a horse who you like as an owner or trainer, put up a weak driver, single the horse and then after the sequence starts replace the driver with a top driver. You said this horse paid 31.80 with Filion, means that with the weaker driver he was probably the equivalent of about a 40 or 50-1 shot. This is extremely unfair to the wagering public, and to be honest it is an easy fix. Since pick 4's and pick 5's are so prominent in racing they need to set up a rule that any driver (or jockey) that is off a horse for any reason must be replaced by a driver (or jockey) with a lower win % (for the last year). If none exists use the lowest percentage driver/jockey available.
Poindexter is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

» Advertisement