Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

View Single Post
Old 10-06-2022, 09:46 AM   #109
classhandicapper

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJC922 View Post
Even if we could see every horse's performance clearly there will still be differences of opinion between who rates better because some people will define it as the body of work in an entire career, others might say this horse at its peak was as good or better than anyone. Some horses were rather ordinary early in their careers but developed into superstar performers and others are very good right from the beginning. Some compete more frequently, some don't have very adaptable running styles etc. What I'm saying is even if god handed us the actual 'number' for every performance we'd have no way for everyone to collectively agree which horse was really better, we all define it somewhat differently.
I agree.

Personally, I've never seen the point of debating who was the greatest horse because of those definitional problems. You see the same thing in every sport. You even see it now in baseball with the homerun record.

I'd rather narrow it down to a specific category.

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Wh deserves to be the favorite? (last 4 figures)