Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

View Single Post
Old 03-30-2019, 07:44 PM   #52
sharkie187

Wonder if I can get some help on this issue.
Wherever you are, if you can take a selfie with a small post it on social media that reads
“No whips, no bets”.
Its small but it shows where CA tracks are being wagered on.
#nowhipsnobets on twitter.

Basically, its letting the CHRB know that you will not play a CA track if this rule goes into effect. The whip, when used correctly, is used to encourage a horse especially when its in contention or to make it stay focus when alone on the lead.

To be clear, this isn’t limited to Santa Anita, but ALL CA tracks (I think thats how I read it from the CHRB meeting).
I’ve been reviewing the latest runs at SA and there are many instances where I see a jock would’ve been out of the money without the use of his whip to encourage him to keep going.

I really want to attend the next CHRB meeting where they hear public comment on this matter and express my opinion as a horse player the vital need for a whip in a race and could use the hastag to show that there are others who think the same. Thanks!
sharkie187 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Wh deserves to be the favorite? (last 4 figures)