Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

View Single Post
Old 09-09-2017, 10:59 PM   #7
Mulerider

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustRalph View Post
Just ran 3rd in the Louisiana Super Derby.....
I was standing next to the paddock fence when the horses were circling the ring today. Sonneteer was the last to enter. He immediately got everyone's attention. He's a fine looking horse. I think I mentioned this at the time here, but the horse's best performance came when he was ridden by Richard Eramia (2nd in the Rebel Stakes, paying $58.20!)). Eramia has a knack for getting the best out of closers. I was a little surprised Eramia stayed at Remington today.

Anyway, the race was marred by the breakdown of the FAST TALKIN MAN; he was euthanized on the track. While at the paddock I was struck by how small and fragile he looked compared to the others. I hate this part of the game.

I also hate what's become of the once-proud Super Derby. From a $1 million dirt G1, then to a $400,000 G2 and then G3, to this year's ungraded $200k turf event. Very sad.

Mule
Mulerider is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Wh deserves to be the favorite? (last 4 figures)