Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

View Single Post
Old 09-22-2018, 07:56 AM   #27
Mr.XXX

To address both J & M simultaneously:

Technicalities, Schtechnicalities.

Maybe the software is downloading individually for each user, at the provider's site...thus rendering my initial description erroneous(And again, most people import pay data with it, which is tons superior).

There is Fair Use too. And Frivolous Action.

I can't see any court rendering any potential Equibase action in their favor-- here, Public at large, you can eat the results for free...but only from my spoon & recipe...one mouthful at a time, no simultaneous mouthfuls...don't alter the flavor / add your own seasonings.

Don't shed any tears for Equibase, it was created by the Jockey Club to promote horse racing customer base and handle.
It doesn't compare to a private DRF, HDW, ITS, BRIS, etc...that can claim at least loss of potential revenue.

And have you been recently to the Equibase site? It's almost unusable with the ton of adware and security measures!
Firstly, you need a top of the line Android flagship or loaded Windows computer for a semi-decent surfing experience there.
Then, once you take care of that issue, you have to overcome ridiculous tricky captchas and lengthy puzzle solving both on initial entry and at random while already working at the site...seemingy triggered once you click more than a couple of different pdf results or database queries.
We need Bill Nader to be head of the Jockey Club, or at least of Equibase.

Anyhow,
back to what's the point of all this? It's akin to squashing squirrels or pigeons at the park. The software sells for peanuts(folks debate whether to spend this tiny amount, even with lengthy & full free trial ), and free data is not sold-- it's more used to gauge the potential of the paid data.

I'LL GIVE AWAY ONE SECRET:
Some of you ol' geezers who relied on fig providers way back in the day when there were only one or two around, and suffered a service interruption...forcing you to rely on raw times(+other factors, to compensate)...will really understand this.

I have multiple installations and compare different provider figs(fyi the Bris module will accept JCapper Silver data, for those wishing to do better than mechanized numbers) including TimeForm & the free data # for example.

A fair amount of times most numbers will agree or not be so far off from each other, including the free data number.
Other times, the latter assigns a worse number than the paid...and it is right less often than the others, as it should be.
SOMETIMES, most paid #'s concur(or are in similar range) BUT the free number differs to the high, assigning what looks to be too good #(either much the best, or much the second best despite large ML), usually at a big price. This is a great moneymaker in the horizontals and the lower slots of verticals.

PS QH has a pick auto selection algorithm that throws positive ROI "especially when you edit some of the paceline selection criteria and weighted factors to better suit the particular race type".
Mr.XXX is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Wh deserves to be the favorite? (last 4 figures)