Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

View Single Post
Old 12-31-2017, 11:00 PM   #31
Fager Fan
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by dilanesp View Post
The TC really wreaks havoc with these awards. They voted Affirmed HOTY in 1978, which raises the question of how many times would Seattle Slew have had to beat his ass to swing the vote.
I wouldn't call it havoc. I'm neither a big fan of Baffert or American Pharoah, but the series is hard, and Baffert did it, kept the horse in good form, and sound, and had him win the BCC after (along with other races). Affirmed beat far better to win his TC than did Slew, so I wouldn't beat up on Affirmed too much here. He won the TC and more that year, he deserved it.

So to the earlier poster, that was a harder feat than Brown winning a few races with multiple horses. Baffert absolutely deserved the award that year. This is a good example of looking at an exemplary training job, and that the trainer and not an assistant did, that should count for more than who with their 200 head of $500k and up horses won the most.
Fager Fan is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Wh deserves to be the favorite? (last 4 figures)