Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

View Single Post
Old 10-23-2023, 05:20 PM   #12
PA.race.fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by mountainman View Post
LOL..Colorful dudes from those thrilling days of yester-lore. Boisterous jock agents back then ruled the track. Heck, for my first year as an official, I thought one-armed Mac and Gerald Choina were my BOSSES.

And Manuel long ago retired whatever trophy exists for this place's most successful gambler. The guy was uncanny at making scores.

He lived in a mobile home park right across the street from the main entrance and, as word held, conducted elaborate "costume" parties complete with female guests. The "good fisherman,".."good professor".."good doctor" ..etc..all took part.

I classified such colorful tales as urban legend-or at least over-blown-until late one saturday night as I was engaged in outdoor "embrace" with some young lady of not inconsiderable pulchritude (alcohol factored in heavily), a battle dressed Roman soldier strode past, paused briefly to take in the action, nodded approvingly and barked "carry on citizen" before continuing up the hill.

True story.
In my 40s now, but I do recall being there when I was young, maybe 40 years ago at Waterford…

Correct me if I’m wrong, but I can remember little shops spread about the the main floor of the grandstand of which included a barbershop???? Am I dreaming or was there actually a barbershop in there???
PA.race.fan is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Which horse do you like most
Dornoch - 67.74%
42 Votes
Track Phantom - 32.26%
20 Votes
Total Votes: 62
This poll is closed.