Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

View Single Post
Old 07-26-2019, 01:12 PM   #1557
Show Me the Wire
Quintessential guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by formula_2002 View Post
THIS WILL BE INTERESTING

WASHINGTON, July 26 (Reuters) - U.S. House of Representatives Judiciary Committee Chairman Jerrold Nadler said on Friday that he will go to court on Friday to seek access to grand jury evidence compiled by former Special Counsel Robert Mueller's 22-month probe of Russian meddling in the 2016 presidential election.

A second pending legal move by Democrats, a federal lawsuit to compel testimony from former White House Counsel Don McGahn about Republican President Donald Trump's efforts to impede the Russia probe, will come early next week, Nadler told CNN.

McGahn, a star witness in the 448-page Mueller report released in April, told federal investigators that Trump directed him to seek Mueller's removal and then to deny that he had been instructed to do so. Democrats view the alleged episode as an act of obstruction of justice that could lead to impeachment proceedings against Trump.

I THINK MOST OF TRUMPS PROBLEMS IS HE HAS LITTLE UNDERSTANDING OF THE LAW (I'M BEING GENERIOUS)
Not really, if you have been following along the Federal court for the D.C. district has no inherent power to release grand jury information. McKeever v. Barr.

At issue was this question: Does a federal court have the authority to order disclosure of grand-jury materials if the judge decides that the interests of justice warrant doing so; or is the judge limited to the exceptions to grand-jury secrecy that are spelled out in Rule 6(e) of the Federal Rules of Criminal Procedure? The D.C. Circuit’s McKeever ruling holds that the text of Rule 6(e) controls. Consequently, judges have no authority to authorize disclosure outside the rule.

This is significant for the Mueller report because Rule 6(e) does not contain an exception to secrecy that would permit disclosure to Congress.

https://www.nationalreview.com/2019/...y-information/

Nadler will be handed another loss.

Again, the DoJ has decided the President did not commit obstruction, per DAG Rosenstein and AG Barr. Rosenstein appointed Mueller, was in charge of Mueller and disagreed with Mueller's proposed interpretation of the law regarding obstruction and that the President did not obstruct.

Nadler is either showing his disdain for the law or his ignorance as to the law.

Last edited by Show Me the Wire; 07-26-2019 at 01:13 PM.
Show Me the Wire is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Tuscan Gold VS Catching Freedom