Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

View Single Post
Old 04-30-2018, 11:38 AM   #17
jay68802

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoneF View Post
I am not saying that who a horse has beat is the one and only handicapping factor one should look at when trying to figure out a race like the KY derby but it’s just common sense that it’s one of the primary things that should be factored in. It’s no less important than all this pedigree stuff that people on this forum like to throw around as gospel. Personally I don’t find it a compelling reason to bet a horse because in 1932 a horses great great great great grandmother won a race at a mile and a half.

I think when most people look at the DRF the first thing they look at is the horses most recent running lines and who they have been running against.

Maybe some people immediately go to the pedigree stuff first. For example I am one of those people that I don’t care if a horse has the best turf pedigree imaginable if that horse has had let’s say 10 previous tries in Turf and not done anything in any of them than I will be of a mindset that the horse has proven that for whatever reason he doesn’t like Turf, yet I acknowledge that there are many people on this forum that based on the immaculate turf pedigree that the horse has that they will swear the 11th time will be the charm.

Different strokes I guess ...
I understand, just like comparing every horse to a number is not the only factor. And yes, different strokes for different folks, that is what handicapping is about. Be a boring forum if everyone did the same thing.
jay68802 is online now   Reply With Quote Reply

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Wh deserves to be the favorite? (last 4 figures)