Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

View Single Post
Old 03-01-2024, 06:22 PM   #25
headhawg
crusty old guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inner Dirt View Post
Is he slow going through reads? I wonder if anyone has been cured of that issue? I would think it to be near impossible.
He still plays like a college QB. He can't throw his receivers open. He looks great when they already are, but he doesn't anticipate routes opening up. People say the Oline was bad. It was about average overall. But look at the time-to-throw numbers for Fields. He had one of the highest average time in the pocket of all NFL QBs @2.8 seconds. He can't make decisions quickly enough. Maybe his football IQ is low or he can't see the field well. Maybe both. It's possible that Waldron can make him look better, but you're right about it being near impossible to speed up processing time. He just doesn't have it.

Fields has his supporters but they are blinded by something I don't see. He turns the ball over too much. His 4th quarter stats are pathetic. He gets hurt. Why would I invest in that guy? Next year's QB class is not like this one. Why give Fields another year to be mediocre and also have to decide on picking up his 5th year option? Doesn't make football or financial sense. Start over with a QB on a rookie contract. The top QBs cannot be worse than Fields.

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Wh deserves to be the favorite? (last 4 figures)