Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

View Single Post
Old 03-17-2017, 09:15 PM   #13
NorCalGreg
Authorized Advertiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mulerider View Post
Greg, maybe I'm defeating the purpose with the method in my last post. This is an intriguing topic. I'm not an Excel guru, and it would probably take me all day to write one that actually works, but I think I could do an IF..THEN..ELSE statement that would revert to a % of horses beaten if it were mathematically impossible for a horse to have a specific number of horses beaten in his last 3. Of course, in that case you'd still have to set an arbitrary % to trigger a harder look.
You know I've thought about that....I do see a lot of FTS with worktabs like "1-6" or "2-13" which may or may-not be telling.

For right now....(or as soon as Steve can get to it) I'll go with the "50-horse" requirement, with a 3-1 ML...just to weed out the odds-on types, and see where that takes us.

BTW...this is the charmaker's comment on today's 15-1 selection
ARCH OF HONOR:

ARCH OF HONOR had a rough start, bumping lightly with COOKIE CRISP and getting checked right after stumbling badly,
slid over to the inside route coming to the conclusion of the homestretch, wandered out into the three path at the head of the
backstretch only to be placed towards the inside by the top of the far turn, failed to pick up the pace when put to the whip twice
and strongly roused at the half mile pole, made it into the lane and fell back steadily, proceeding towards the finish under a light
drive.
NorCalGreg is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Wh deserves to be the favorite? (last 4 figures)