Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

View Single Post
Old 03-15-2024, 11:53 PM   #27
headhawg
crusty old guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Topcat View Post
First, I encourage everyone to do their own testing and to come their own fact based conclusions.
I definitely do my own testing mainly because I don't trust anybody else's methodology, save for guys like Jeff P. The raw data comes from Equibase but some data providers like HDW will make corrections when errors are found. There has been discussion in the past about some providers not bothering to make the corrections. HDW's reputation indicates that they make corrections as needed. In addition, some of the fields are calculated in some way, shape, or form, e.g. speed points, speed ratings, etc. As you mentioned in your reply to me, the methodologies would be different for each data provider or software vendor. And for the core handicapping factors I agree that there's probably not much difference between the data providers.

Be that as it may, in your first post you gave me the impression that you tested both Bris and HDW files on the RPM software because you made an ROI comparison between them. That is what prompted my post. And it also seems that the Jcapper (jcp) files are a good deal for $89/month; I believe that also includes results files which with Bris adds an additional $.25 per file. Of course if a handicapper is just a weekend warrior buying 10 total files for Saturday and Sunday races then of course the $1 Bris files are cheaper. So the phrase "just about the same ROI as more expensive data from Handicappers Database" is relative. (italics added)

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Tuscan Gold VS Catching Freedom