Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

View Single Post
Old 01-11-2018, 04:26 PM   #61
Denny
Veteran

I'm glad I've gotten away from betting Thoroughbreds. I do still like to follow it for the big races and on occasion.

I bet Standardbreds where EVERY race is on DIRT and virtually(*) EVERY race is at I-MILE. Speed figures are reliable. Variants have numerous races to be based on.

(*) Some races are run at 1-1/4 at Yonkers on Sundays for simulcast to France. The meadowlands occasionally runs a race at an extended distance as well. But, these are seldom occurrences. Pompano park even had a 5/8's dash recently.

But, the vast, vast majority of races are at the SAME DISTANCE and over a similar racing surface.

I'll never go back to betting thoroughbreds seriously as things are just getting ridiculous with the proliferation of turf racing and temporary rail and gate placements. NO SPEED figures on turf can be trusted IMO.

Furthermore, the dirt figures have less races to be based on, and are therefor less reliable.

Just my opinion, but, I'm glad I re-discovered Harness racing in the last five years and now direct my attention there almost entirely for betting.
Denny is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Wh deserves to be the favorite? (last 4 figures)