Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

View Single Post
Old 01-11-2007, 01:06 PM   #40
OTM Al
intus habes, quem poscis

Wiley, I agree with your point about watering things down. That's why I liked a 2yo turf but not the other 2. That is because a 2yo turf filled a void and is a strong complement to the the growing 3yo turf series rather than being a detriment to what is already out there (Dirt Mile/NYRA's Cigar Mile) or basically a redundancy. That is why the only other race I would have liked to see was a stayers event, 2 to 2 1/2 miles on the turf. That also would have filled a void on a so called world championship day. We don't have many of these type of horses here, but the world sure does and it may have encouraged more of that sort of thing here once again. That also would have filled a void. So I'm happy to see the 2yo turf, but the other 2 do nothing for me and honestly I hate the idea of the dirt mile for the reasons you list.
OTM Al is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Wh deserves to be the favorite? (last 4 figures)