Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

View Single Post
Old 02-22-2021, 01:48 PM   #57
BarchCapper

Quote:
Originally Posted by v j stauffer View Post
AWESOME POST!

Don "The Golden Throat" Alexander was a legend! When I first met him he was selling cassette tapes of race calls to the horsemen at Caliente. This is even before VHS. He's one of the reasons I decided to try to become a race caller. Figured if he could do it why not me? He's one of a myriad of people to call Hollywood Park over the years. There's a tough one. Name all the people to call at least one race at Hollywood Park!

I didn't know John Lies calls Fonner? Is that new this year?

Jim Beyers is one of my favorite people. He fills in at Oaklawn when I play the NHC. Not this year though because it's be changed to late August (COVID).

Chris Griffin called more that just PLN he called all the Fairs for many seasons.

I didn't know Paul Espinosa now calls Penn National? Is that new?

Great you mentioned Dan Loiselle too. All class all the time.
Paul Espinosa is at Charles Town rather than Penn National, right?

Michael Chamberlin was just announced this weekend as leaving Evangeline for Hoosier.

John Lies calls at Will Rogers Downs. I believe it's the "other" (not DRF) Steve Anderson who calls at Fonner.
BarchCapper is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Wh deserves to be the favorite? (last 4 figures)