Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Thread: Quality Road
View Single Post
Old 01-05-2015, 07:57 AM   #10
Bob S.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bisket
I loved his breeding, and thought he could be a great one. Of course he acquired hoof problems, and then Pletcher got a hold of him. QR was breathing fire while he was at Gulfstream prior to the Derby. When he raced under Pletcher later that year in New York his demeanor was completely different. He looked unsure of himself on the track. I just think Pletcher has a certain way he trains his runners and it didn't bring out the best in QR. Pletcher always trained him to be rated. I think most times that's what's best. I think in Quality Road's case it gelded him... he wanted to be the stud and the boss of the herd. LOL he still won some big races while not being able to show his best... I liked the Strawberry Road Mare over Elusive Quality. I just thought it made a nice combination. It gave a horse with Quality Roads speed more points in the classic aptitude in Dr. Romans breeding theory. Which is a rarity. He didn't need to be restrained. He just needed to be taught to relax on the lead instead of being trained to stalk.... He will produce some great horses...
You're right-all that was needed was to teach him to relax on the lead-he somehow may have been even a more dominant horse.
Bob S. is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Wh deserves to be the favorite? (last 4 figures)