Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

View Single Post
Old 02-09-2018, 08:54 AM   #5
headhawg
crusty old guy

220+ views and only three takers. Now I know why JustCoolGene stopped selling Scratch Manager.

I am still working on it and will take me a little bit of time to finish, but I will have PA post it here or maybe use Dropbox or some other cloud space service. Floyd got me with his post. I have to complete it now to save his home life.

@jim michalak -- I am just a guy who codes for some enjoyment (although many times I feel like Floyd and scratches ). I am nowhere close to being a professional for hire. A guy like Stevan Farmer probably had a code shell to import data files, create a GUI, routines for loading/saving files, etc. When he was given spot plays to code most of the programming was likely done. That's why NCG's stuff and Pandy's PowerPace program looked and worked in similar ways.

So the short answer to your question is, yes I could probably code spot plays, but writing something for you would take too long at the moment. I am learning a new programming language and don't have a code shell. Once I get more skilled and create a "handicapping software template" I would take on the challenge if I have the time.

@Vinnie -- I am doing ok, thanks. How's you?

I just want to be clear about something: my little scratch utility will only change the .drf data file to eliminate scratched horses so that they are not included in the calculations. I cannot alter the vendor's software directly as I don't have access to the source code. So while it would be great to be able to unscratch in NCG's Pace View program, for example, my program won't add that ability.

Last edited by headhawg; 02-09-2018 at 08:57 AM.
headhawg is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

» Advertisement