Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

View Single Post
Old 10-02-2012, 08:03 AM   #15
Hosshead
It's A Photo-Ying & Yang

Quote:
Originally Posted by atlasaxis
Actually Hoss, that wasn't the key to the pace calc as the calc (manual or software) works very well independent of using the tv or amer-var daily variant. The software works on the same basis as the handheld making use of the highlight fractional time, the final time, and the speed rating and as Dartman said all this is derived from the Bris/DRF single data file.
Thanks guys for the info on the software version.
I assume the Bris speed ratings already have the track variant in them.
I wish Bris had an "All Tracks Per Month" racefile package.

Actually I used the handheld model for many years and developed my own very accurate track variant method.
It took a lot of work each day, examining each race at each track, and I only did it with tracks in the west coast DRF chart recap edition.
But after coming up with a number from the highlight pace time-final time- and speed rating, ...It Was The Key to making the Taulbot Pace Calculator's "Final" Number far better than without it. It was like night and day.

I have fond memories of that old thing, and somewhere I still have it, cracked in spots and taped together .........
... from burning the midnight oil.
Hosshead is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Wh deserves to be the favorite? (last 4 figures)