Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

View Single Post
Old 01-13-2019, 07:12 PM   #1
SG4

Some props for Santa Anita

For all the fire that SA has come under recently for their management decisions, I just wanted to give credit where it's due for seeing 2 customer friendly moves this week, which I have not seen at any track previously. Hopefully the Stronach management group can apply this to all their tracks & maybe other venues will follow suit.

1 - Last Thursday's 2nd race there was some contact in the stretch between the top 2 finishers, and shortly after the race they put up a replay of the head-on with a graphic saying "stewards review" without there being an inquiry. This was a nice move to let the bettors know that the stewards were not asleep at the wheel. Since there was clearly some contact, it was nice to see this was being reviewed, instead of just a quick official with people left to wonder what was up. The runner up was clearly to blame & the review was quickly over, but it was appreciated to see that there was at least some thought.

2 - Just saw this for the first time today, but in putting up the graphic to show how many tickets were left in the rainbow 6 after a few legs, not only did they put up the total but they also broke it down by how many tickets were left to each horse in the race. This would be a great feature to show after every race at all rainbow tracks. I'm sure some would want this for all multis, but maybe let's start with this one.
SG4 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Wh deserves to be the favorite? (last 4 figures)