Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

View Single Post
Old 05-23-2018, 11:47 PM   #4901
oughtoh

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorCalGreg View Post
Hell I'm not sure of anything, anymore. P-4 is as deep as I go, nowadays.

I wanted to--before I die--was to hit a pick-6. The magical mystique of the pick-6 is gone. You hit the PICK-6!!! Big fawken deal.

I've been home all day, listening to music and working on a new program. LOL funny thing is...I decided to call it "SPEED DEMONS' since speed will be an important component (as SPEED always has, since the 1st two thoroughbreds raced across the desert)

Turns out Steve Wolter, Pandy, and others have had a version of "Speed Demons". Mine has a chance to be much better, though....no offense. I got stuff so far-fetched, it's sick.

Speed is the ultimate bias? You're damn right it is.

Been listening to oldies, BeeGees, Al Green, etc...on my "Alexa" from Amazon. I understand Google also has a version. You can literally listen to ANYTHING you want--right now.

My daughter (being awarded her Batchelor's Degree in Business next week) naturally thinks she pretty much knows all their is to know about anything important.

Anyway....I had to laugh..I listen to "Ballad of Green Berets" almost everyday just because I can. This young person (my daughter) who's never even LIVED yet....passes instant judgement:

Opening line:"FIGHTING SOLDIERS, FROM THE SKY" ...."FEARLESS MEN---WHO JUMP AND DIE"

My daughter ponders this first line briefly--then declares

"WELL THAT'S PRETTY STUPID!" (I presume the "jumping and dying" part) ...maybe you had to be there, but this is what our Universities are producing nowadays.) God help us all.

Since I'm on the subject of songs from the past...4 of my son's higher-educated buddies---not a one had a clue about this trivia question:

You all know Jonny Horton ("North to Alaska" --"Sink the Bismark") and many more "historical-themed" tunes.
All of a sudden, Alexa plays "BATTLE OF NEW ORLEANS"

I'm listening on my comp...and decide to ask a trivia question. Me: "So....what was interesting about the "BATTLE OF NEW ORLEANS"?

Keep in mind, two of the four have degrees in History...and probably consider me as some fool living in the past.

No one knew the answer....and I didn't bother.

When knocking down memorials, and erasing history, takes a back seat to knowledge and learning from the past--history becomes irrelevant.

I totally understand, I have 2 daughters graduating from college next year.

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Wh deserves to be the favorite? (last 4 figures)