Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

View Single Post
Old 10-28-2021, 01:02 PM   #11
castaway01

Quote:
Originally Posted by LemonSoupKid View Post
Thanks.

I've noticed more tickets going up and think most people are getting worried. It always bothered me a bit that so many are able to hoard tickets and then try to sell them. I think the craziest thing is the people that have 2-4 tickets that are trying to make $100 on a ticket flip. People seem to go through a lot of effort to get a measly $50-$100. These events are for serious fans and horseplayers and we still get the hucksters invading, which is annoying. I guess there's no good way to stop it.

Is anyone else going?
This happens for every major concert and sporting event. This is 99% done by ticket brokers. They swoop in and buy up seats then try to flip them on their own sites and the dozen other resale sites (StubHub, Seat Geek, take your pick). Very annoying but just the way the ticket business operates in 2021. It's why some concert acts years ago switched to formats where you need to show ID to claim tickets, can buy a limited number at a time, etc. (though I imagine COVID has shot a lot of that down).

It can work in your favor if these brokers overpurchase and have to dump seats late, though from what I've seen they're more willing to eat the loss (business expense writeoff?) rather than dump tickets at bargain prices.
castaway01 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Wh deserves to be the favorite? (last 4 figures)