Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

View Single Post
Old 03-08-2024, 12:38 PM   #12
Poindexter

Quote:
Originally Posted by CheckMark View Post
It's a thing that I don't do anymore. I stopped doing that last summer after getting my a** handed to me at Saratoga most days listening/hearing others opinions and then watching the horse I had before go out and win.

I just trust what I do and keep it that way. I'll listen to other on-air analysts talk about who they like etc. but it comes down to my own approach first and always.

That is why I say now: Trust your gut. Trust your own opinions and stick to them. You don't know if and when that big score will come up!
I agree. There is a tendency to want to hear other opinions to learn and I am sure there are times that their opinions can prove to be of value. But even if you stick to your guns, there are subtle influences that can really screw up your execution. If anything it is probably best to listen to the analysis before to see if you missed anything (talking horses, pre game show etc) re-evaluate what you came up with and then turn on the mute key after that. That, I think can work to your benefit. If you rely on the physicality analysis I would suggest you create a real thorough write up of your opinion when capping a race and make sure that is your focal point.

Fatigue and lack of focus is already a huge enemy, especially when playing multiple tracks. Everything else is just noise that further clouds your judgement. This game requires an objectivity. Any commentary good, bad or indifferent imo takes you further away from that objective state of mind. Not really sure why (maybe it just makes you lazy brained) but that has just been my experience.

Btw your last sentence is so true. Opportunities can pop up at the strangest times in this game (races we don’t like, cards we are not crazy about, we have been getting our head handed to us….) and a lot of times we fail to fully capitalize because we are not in the right state of mind.
Poindexter is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Tuscan Gold VS Catching Freedom