Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Thread: Pegasus Cup
View Single Post
Old 01-31-2018, 11:20 PM   #276
classhandicapper

Quote:
Originally Posted by storyline View Post
Your comment about pace and speed figures isn't entirely accurate and I'll not speak to that because I'd need to explain and at this point I don't feel obliged.

The reason Sharp Azteca got outrun is as I posted (#162) I tried to caution players here about going all in on him. The scenario posted proved to be correct for anyone who watched the race.

"If he tries to wire the field (which is his best chance imo) I think he'll tire badly turning for home and finish in the bottom half of the field. If he rates Gun Runner, West Coast & Collected and others will outfinish him.

Under what circumstance would Sharp Azteca be a play? I'd need at a minimum 15-1 and believe that he'd NOT face any pace pressure until the 2nd call. Neither of those two things are likely".

There are plenty of things we are all wrong in this game but I thought my post left zero wiggle room.

For you to write "It's always easier after the fact" is insulting.
I don't disagree with your rationale for not playing him. I didn't play him.

However, I think what I said is correct.

If you looked at just fractions and speed figures they would have told you he could make the lead and that his final time figures at 1M were comparable.

I think if the race was 1M and he tried to go, he would have been put away quickly because he isn't as good a horse as Gun Runner and if he rated you would have seen the same result for the same reason.

And yes, getting some of them right doesn't mean you will get them all right. It's always easier after the fact.

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Wh deserves to be the favorite? (last 4 figures)