Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

View Single Post
Old 05-13-2017, 02:22 PM   #37
Poindexter

I must admit, that over the last couple years I personally have become very figure dependent. In fact I work much better with one figure per race. For instance a pace rating of 90 and speed rating of 94 and a class rating of 87 and performance rating of 89, is too much information. I just tweek the Bris figures based off of what I have found works, into one figure per race and handicap after that(including pace ratings, projected development, late pace on 2 turn turf races....). Unfortunately it is all time consuming process.

Even in harness races, I have a system i developed many years ago(I stopped playing harness races for a good 20 year or so), found a few flaws in it, tweeked it, and am very happy with what I have come up with. I am playing more and more tracks, not even watching replays and having a ball. But once again coming up with these figures is very time consuming and tiring because I have to do all these calclation in my head.

Once I have the figures, of course I handicap after that, if i have time to watch a replay I will do so, but that is the exception not the rule. I wouldn't know if a horse last raced on a golden rail or quicksand or if 9 horses went wire to wire that day or it 7 deep closers won that day. But in the end, my figures are paramount and I am very happy with how I have been doing.

Just saying there are a lot of pieces to the puzzle, but Pace is using Timeform, I am using Bris and we are both happy with our results, ignoring a lot of these pieces.
Poindexter is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Wh deserves to be the favorite? (last 4 figures)