Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

View Single Post
Old 11-10-2019, 06:31 PM   #12
thaskalos

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teach View Post
Although we are several days away from the Week 11 match-up – both teams have byes in Week 10 – between the Patriots and Eagles, I was curious as to what the point-spread would be. My initial “guess” was Patriots (+4).

In any event, I saw that a New Jersey-based online sports betting site has installed the Eagles as 1-point underdogs, or Patriots -1 at -120 (basically, a “pick-em” game).

My thought: Patriots +4 was based on my belief that the odds-makers would take into account the fact that Patriots coach Bill Belichick is a master at making adjustments after a Patriots loss (he has two weeks to do that). Personally, I’m not so sure all that is possible.

As I’ve cited, the way the 2019 NFL schedule was set up, the Patriots were given opponents that allowed, in the first half of the season, for “a Sunday walk in the park.” Now, in the second half of the season, the terrain has suddenly become “steep.” There are very few “bunnies,” with the possible exception of Cincinnati, and I’m not sure that won’t be a competitive game.

The Ravens game exposed all the Patriots’ “warts”. Principally, the offensive and defensive lines. The Cleveland Browns’ Nick Chubb gave us an indication. The Ravens’ Lamar Jackson and Mark Ingram, Jr. added an exclamation point.

Further, the Eagles are at home at Lincoln Financial Field. The Eagles are riding a 2-game win-streak. Their post-season playoff hopes are very much alive. There is definitely motivation. The Eagles players will be “pumped.” Will the Eagles’ fans and players, i.e., Lane Johnson in 2017, be wearing “dog masks”?

The Patriots hadn’t had to come from behind (the Redskins scored first) after the 1st quarter until this past Sunday’s Ravens game. The Patriots couldn’t do it against the Ravens. What if the Eagles jump out on top? I ask: “Do the Patriots have the kind of team that can come from behind?”

Finally, the Patriots defense was on the field for an interminably long period of time in the Ravens game. By the 2nd half, the Patriots defense was feeling the effects. Will that scenario repeat itself? Will Carson Wentz and the Eagles play “ball control?”

I’ll have other posts on this game during the week and into the following week leading up to game. Until then…
Although you deserve props for your call against Baltimore...I am wondering if there isn't something of a PERSONAL nature between you and the Patriots. You even see the BENGALS as a suitable competitor for them?

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Which horse do you like most