Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

View Single Post
Old 11-07-2019, 08:11 PM   #7
Teach

I agree, Bob.

I see this as a very evenly-matched game. I just watched the highlights of last Sunday's Eagles vs. Bears game for the third time. All I can say is that for a statistically "2nd Half team," the Eagles were dominant in the First Half. In fact, the Bears didn't get their first 1st Down until the closing seconds of the Second Quarter.

What I did notice about the Eagles was that their defensive secondary was vulnerable on Bears passing plays. Some of the Bears receivers were so wide open that they could have "counted the house" before setting off downfield. Yet, Bears QB Mitch Trubisky was only 10/21 for 125 yards. On the other hand, Carson Wentz was 26/39 for 239 yards and 1 TD.

Further, the Eagles run the ball effectively led by Jordan Howard and Miles Sanders. The Eagles also have a tough defensive front that puts pressure on opposing quarterbacks. Tight end Zach Ertz had a field day against the Bears; he's one tough competitor.

I'm wondering if the Eagles will use some of the same tactics that the Ravens did against the Patriots. I can see the Eagles using a lot of running plays. I also see Ertz as an Eagles short-yardage passing weapon. The Eagles also have another effective tight end, Dallas Goedert.

Furthermore, Wentz doesn't run that much; yet against the Bears he carried the ball 4 times for 15 yards.

Again, I believe it boils down to the question of whether last Sunday's Patriots' loss to the Ravens was an aberration, or was it sign of future trouble.

I know that Bill Belichick will want to avenge that Patriots loss to the Ravens. I'm sure the Patriots #1 league defense, "The Boogeymen," will be looking to redeem themselves. My gut feeling is that this will be, as cited earlier, a very close game.

"Walt, make a 'mental bet' and lose your mind." R.N.S.

"The important thing is what I think of myself."
"David and Lisa" (1962)

Teach is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Wh deserves to be the favorite? (last 4 figures)