Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

View Single Post
Old 08-29-2016, 12:40 PM   #10
ronsmac

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALL CIRCUITS GO
Made my annual trip to the Spa this weekend. Leaving Sunday after the 8th race. went to cash in my tickets. As you may know, there is a shed row of machines that accept bets, and maybe 2 actual cashiers manning stations to cash out or purchase vouchers.

My ticket is for $71.55 . Only I know whether this represents a profit or loss for me. Cashier gives me $71 and says: "That's all I can give you. I have no change." I look at her and ask if she can get change from the teller next to her. She gets 4 quarters from him. She holds out her hand and says "Here's fifty cents, I have no other change. It's only a nickel, and you've been cashing."

I refuse to take the fifty cents from her hand. I tell her to put it down on the counter and she does. At this point I notice a man behind her taking an interest in whats going on. He pipes in "Its only a nickel." I ask him, "Can I make a $2 bet for $1.95? " His reply, "No."

"Well why should I take less than whats owed me?" I ask... A technician next to her station, fixing one of the machines chimes in "Well you can make ten cent bets.", not understanding what is occurring. The cashier finally locates a nickel and gives it to me.

As I'm walking away, the man from behind her leaves the security of the building and approaches me. "I give them a starting bank everyday. They sometimes run out of change late in the day."

I explain that I understand that they can run out of change, but then I also state:

*I've seen this cashier do this to others throughout the day.
*Its only the 8th race, 3 more races to go.
*Only a limited amount of cashiers with no money on hand?
*Shouldn't the cashier be offering a voucher for a balance she can't provide?

Turns out the man I was talking to is the 'supervisor' and he tells me that he will make sure the cashiers offer vouchers, and not shortchange anyone.

I wonder how much the cashier was able to 'rake' in??
Nyra tellers are the worst. Have been for 35 years .
ronsmac is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Which horse do you like most