Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

View Single Post
Old 09-04-2010, 03:08 PM   #37
andymays
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by thaskalos
Andymays is putting too much stress on himself unnecessarily, IMO.

This is not Andy's fight, or HANA's fight...THIS IS OUR FIGHT!

This is the fight of ALL the bettors who have supported this game for many years, and have received a slap in the face, instead of the respect they deserve.

They say that we are the customers...as if the racetrack is like a grocery store. What is it exactly that they think we are "buying"...if we are just customers? When the game has been mathematically engineered to insure defeat to at least 98% of the "customer base"...what do they think they are selling us?

Are they selling us entertainment? If they are under the impression that they are in the entertainment business, I suggest that they stand by the doors of their establishments, as the people are leaving after "the show" is over.

Do the customers appear entertained?

They are in the gambling business...pure and simple. And their product is already the most heavily taxed product out there...by far. As a result, the people are finding other games to play...and who can blame them?

But there are some customers, like us, who are still hanging on. We love this game, and have little interest in the other games being offered out there.

And we have waited patiently for common sense to eventually prevail among the leadership of this great game. A way which would put an end to the adversarial relationship between this "business" and its "customers".

And then they come up with a solution like this. Raise taxes, and make the customer shoulder the burden of curing this ailing sport.

The industry is spitting in our faces, and if we need HANA or Andymays to tell us this...then, we are about as smart as the industry thinks we are.
In this case you do probably do need HANA to lead whether you believe it or not. The reason is that both Jeff and rwwupl have been closely involved in the process that led to the bad bill in California.

Anyone can certainly do their own thing. I do my own thing all the time even though sometimes HANA doesn't really like it. I could care less if I know I'm right on any particular issue. You should do the same.

The issue of going into threads and spamming or wrecking them, especially a thread by someone who is working tirelessly to change things, is just a matter of right and wrong. Nobody cares if you start a thread about "California is dead to me". In the thread you can say whatever you want and people can agree or disagree. To go into any thread that mentions California and do it nonsensical to me. If you wanted to go to Del Mar and do it in their forum I might get it a little. Then the question becomes if it's good to put that up in one thread then why not another thread on any other subject? If you think that people who are looking in will get the message then why not? The answer is that people looking in will just go away if they are interested in a thread subject and not the filibustering that might go on inside it. Anyway that's my take.

Last edited by andymays; 09-04-2010 at 03:09 PM.
andymays is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Wh deserves to be the favorite? (last 4 figures)