Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Thread: Religious
View Single Post
Old 10-24-2014, 11:49 AM   #15091
DeltaLover

Quote:
Originally Posted by Actor
I.e., let other people do your thinking for you.

How does the church guarantee it? My car came with a guarantee. If it fails the dealer fixes it. If I die and it turns out the one true religion is Hinduism how does the church fix it? It can't. Any guarantee by the church that its teachings are "valid" is worthless.
Church existed before the New Testament..

It is the Church, who though the Ecumenical Councils specified the canon Of the New Testament, identifying the twenty-seven divinely inspired books while rejecting the Apocrypha. This is exactly what we mean when we say that the Church guarantees the validity and authority of the Bible.

These Fathers of the Church , who decided what to include and what to reject to the canon of the Bible, interpreted them and were accepted by the fullness of the Church as inspired by the Holly Spirit.

The Bible has only one and extremely consistent interpretation, and this is the one that was provided to us by the Holly Tradition, the Seven Ecumenical Councils and the Fathers of the Church like John Chrysostom, Gregory of Nyssa, Basil The Great ,Maximus the Confessor and John of Damascus, just to name a few.

Last edited by DeltaLover; 10-24-2014 at 11:50 AM.

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Wh deserves to be the favorite? (last 4 figures)