Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

View Single Post
Old 06-26-2018, 05:33 PM   #36
lansdale

Toast?

Quote:
Originally Posted by thaskalos View Post
In post #10 of this thread, it was suggested that Tiger is "physically over-matched" against today's top golfers. But in post #12...AndyC was quick to reply that "there is zero evidence" to suggest that Tiger's problems on the course are of a 'physical' nature. So...I subsequently opined that Tiger's problems are "mental". But now it seems that my friend Lansdale has proven ME to be wrong, as well.

So...I ask: If Tiger's problems are neither "physical", nor "mental"...in which category could they possibly fall?
Hi Thask,

Reading through your posts in this thread, it strikes me that you're look at TW mainly from a gambler's perspective, as people naturally do on this site. When you (or others) ask 'is he back?', you're asking whether he's back in the hunt, whether somebody can bet on him. But i think it's pretty clear, that the answer is 'no' for now, and maybe for the remainder of his career. He's never going to be the player he was 15 years ago. He's just out there trying to play as well as he can -- which is actually the best he's played since 2013. Right now he's 52nd in money-won, but 22nd in money-per-tournament, which is not bad for a guy who was in so much pain he could barely get out of bed 18 months ago. For me this is a human interest thing, rather than a gambling or sports thing -- because TW, who doesn't need more fame or money, is now doing what the great majority of people who were never world class anything do every day -- the best they can.

Cheers,

lansdale
lansdale is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

» Advertisement